“Kathryn provided the foundation for a burgeoning mediation practice of mine. Her courses were engaging and insightful. The mock mediations that she facilitated were such that I can now conduct my own mediations, online and in person, with confidence. If you’re interested in conflict resolution, I’d encourage you to reach out to Kathryn—she’s an expert in the field, and her insights are invaluable for lawyers and mediators alike.”
Munn Conflict Resolution Services provides training to improve skills in conflict management and conflict resolution including negotiation, mediation and conflict resolution. Customized training is provided for business and non-profit organizations.
Training may be provided separately or as part of an overall plan along with other services such as mediation and facilitation.
“I am so glad I came across Kathryn’s courses. Throughout the three courses I have evolved from little knowledge of the mediation process, to having the confidence to begin working as a mediator myself. Kathryn allows ample time for discussion and questions. It is a very collaborative environment to learn in. Her use of exercises really helps you learn and develop the skills. I highly recommend taking her course, and particularly taking all three sessions if you plan on doing mediation work. Thank you Kathryn!”
Mediator Education Program
The Mediator Education Program formerly at Munn Conflict Resolution Services has moved to Bignucolo Conflict Resolution.
Kathryn has passed the torch to Alexandra Bignucolo, a very capable mediator and instructor who will continue to inspire your mediator education.
Kathryn’s plan is to retire from Munn Conflict Resolution Services and move on to new challenges by the end of 2023.
For the fall of 2023 Kathryn will continue as Lead Instructor for the courses, working with Alexandra.
Fundamentals of Mediation
- This course develops skills for dealing with conflict and teaches a step-by-step model to develop solutions in conflict situations (based on the Harvard Negotiation Project Model).
- This intensive 40 hour mediation course is approved by the ADR Institute of Ontario and completion of the course qualifies for application as a mediator member of the ADR Institute of Ontario.
- The hands-on interactive 5 day presentation of the course encourages participants to apply concepts using typical scenarios.
Mediation Beyond the Basics
- Take your mediation skills to a new level. This second level course builds on the skills and techniques taught in our basic mediation course. Small group coaching is provided so that participants have the opportunity to apply the concepts to the reality of resolving conflict.
- The 21 hour course is available only for those who have successfully completed Fundamentals of Mediation at Munn Conflict Resolution Services or an equivalent mediation course approved by the ADR Institute of Ontario.
- This hands-on, interactive 3 day presentation encourages participants to apply the concepts using typical scenarios.
- You have taken basic mediation courses.
- You want an opportunity to refresh, recharge and continue to build your conflict management and mediation skills.
- This three-day, 21 hour course is available only to those who have completed at least 60 hours of basic mediation courses such as our two courses Fundamentals of Mediation and Mediation Beyond the Basics.
Qualified Mediator Designation
The Qualified Mediator designation from the ADR Institute of Ontario is a designation recognized across Canada. One of the requirements for the designation is 10 days (80 hours) of Conflict Resolution Training. For more information see https://adr-ontario.ca/qualified-mediator-q-med-qualified-arbitrator-q-arb/
- Registration for Fundamentals of Mediation closes 10 business days before the course start date. Registration for all other courses closes 3 business days before the course start date.
- The full course fee must be paid by 10 business days before the course start date.
- Any registrations made and fees accepted in the last 10 business days before the course start date are non-refundable.
- If you register for a course but cannot attend:
- No refunds will be provided within 10 business days before the course start date or after the course starts.
- More than 30 days before the course starts, there is no fee for withdrawal from a course. A full refund will be provided for all fees paid.
- If you withdraw more than 10 business days but less than 30 days before the course starts, 20% of the course fee is a non-refundable course administration fee. If you register and attend a course at Munn Conflict Resolution Services within one year, the course administration fee will be applied to reduce your course investment at the time you attend the course.
- You may transfer your registration to another person who will attend in your place, so long as the substitute person meets the qualifications to take the same course.
- In the event of special and unforeseeable circumstances, which result in you missing a portion of a course after you have started it, you may be permitted to attend the missed portion of the course at a later time, if space is available and with the prior agreement of you and the course instructor. The course must be completed within one year.
- A Certificate of Completion will be provided only to students who attend and participate in the entire course as scheduled.
- This course is livestreamed using the video platform provided by Zoom Video Communications Inc. By registering for this course, you agree to the use of this technology.
This course is accredited by the Law Society of Ontario for Continuing Professional Development.
This program contains 1.75 hours of Professionalism content and 38.25 hours of Substantive content.
This course is approved by the ADR Institute of Ontario and completion of the course qualifies for application as a mediator member of the ADR Institute of Ontario.
- We welcome participants from other places than Ontario, Canada!
- After you have completed registration and payment for the course, if you would like to apply for accreditation for the course from a law society outside Ontario, Canada or accreditation from another professional group we will provide you with a full course outline.
- Your accreditation application process, and any fees associated with your application for other accreditation, are your responsibility.
- We reserve the right to change the course content, location, video platform, dates, or instructors.
- We reserve the right to cancel any course. If we cancel we will provide a full refund.
- As an outcome of our courses, we cannot guarantee employment or attainment of any professional designation as a mediator or otherwise.
- In the event of any liability resulting from any aspect of our courses for any reason, such liability shall not exceed the course fee paid by the student.